Sunday, November 7, 2010

Static versus Dynamic Technologies





I believe that I am in the middle of a static and dynamic continuum. Although I know that asynchronous instructor based learning is not always appropriate for an online learning environment I still feel comfortable with using “wikis, blogs, discussion boards, chats, and other similar approaches. The middle-of-the-road approaches allow learners to interact with the content” (Moller, 2008). Although the use of these tools will require the use of learned knowledge, using dynamic technologies will “involve learners on a much deeper cognitive level” (Moller, 2008). Creating courses that are embedded with dynamic tools will show that the user can accomplish the desired task using multiple problems, tasks and situations. I believe that a course embedded in dynamic tools and procedures will help the students to obtain knowledge that uses a higher level of thinking and creates a better understanding of the online course.

References

Moller, L. (2008). Static and dynamic technological tools. Laureate Education, Inc.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Using dynamic technologies allows students to be creative in the class. It allow students to use their critical thinking skills when it comes to working with the different technologies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my own personal experiences I have noticed that it increases classroom rigor and student engagement. The students are constanty engaged in new endeavors which inturn will help with classroom management.

    ReplyDelete